[PC-BSD Testing] 8.0 ALPHA for your inspection

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Sat Sep 5 14:55:49 PDT 2009

OK, a couple of problems right off the bat. First, the nVidia drivers
are a no go for me. I get to the configuration screen and select my
settings. When I click on apply I get the normal box about testing the
settings and I then get the black text screen. After a few seconds I
get an error message.   link_elf: Symbol dev2unit undefined and then
the system reboots. It does boot just fine if I select the nv driver.
I tried the latest three nVidia drivers in the list and the all give
the same error message. Second, it doesn't look like any of the
programs I selected to install during the installation process
actually installed. Also, up date manager says it can't connect to the
server.

On a positive note this alpha provided the incentive I needed to blow
away my Windows 7 RC install. Thanks for that at least Kris.   :-)