Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Oct 29 05:04:27 PST 2009

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, Ian Robinson wrote:

> > On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, Michael Neumann wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed the Alpha version in VirtualBox 3.0.8 on Linux, but after
> > reboot
> > the X didn't come up correctly.
> >
> > I can start up X with the vesa driver, but there is still another problem
>  > because keyboard and mouse does not work.
>  >
>  > Regards,
>  >
>  >   Michael
>  Testing Digest, Vol 33, Issue 29
> ***************************************
>
> Kris -- I have PCBSD 8.0-Alpha 20091015 running inside VirtualBox.  The host
> system is PCBSD 7.1.1.  My keyboard, mouse, and VESA driver all configured
> without any problem whatsoever.
>
> VirtualBox.org has a "Readme" or FAQ with a section about configuration on
> Linux systems, but I don't know if Michael's situation is the subject of any
> special requirements.
>
> The only impediment in VirtualBox that I experienced was a lack of Guest
> Additions that would let me enlarge the screen size, establish shared
> folders on the host, and cut & paste.  (Of course, the lack of Guest
> Additions is not PCBSD's fault.)
>
> Ian Robinson
> Salem, Ohio

I use virtualbox here for testing as well, and the mouse / keyboard work
just fine again, but I'm using PC-BSD as my host OS also. Maybe this is some
special linux / virtualbox host issue, not sure. What's odd is that
the installer worked with mouse / keyboard, but the installed system does
not, when they use identical xorg configs.