Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 16:56:22 PST 2009

> On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, Michael Neumann wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed the Alpha version in VirtualBox 3.0.8 on Linux, but after
> reboot
> the X didn't come up correctly.
>
> I can start up X with the vesa driver, but there is still another problem
 > because keyboard and mouse does not work.
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 >   Michael
 Testing Digest, Vol 33, Issue 29
***************************************

Kris -- I have PCBSD 8.0-Alpha 20091015 running inside VirtualBox.  The host
system is PCBSD 7.1.1.  My keyboard, mouse, and VESA driver all configured
without any problem whatsoever.

VirtualBox.org has a "Readme" or FAQ with a section about configuration on
Linux systems, but I don't know if Michael's situation is the subject of any
special requirements.

The only impediment in VirtualBox that I experienced was a lack of Guest
Additions that would let me enlarge the screen size, establish shared
folders on the host, and cut & paste.  (Of course, the lack of Guest
Additions is not PCBSD's fault.)

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio