[PC-BSD Testing] How to make inetd in 8-alpha play?

Walt Pawley walt at wump.org
Mon Oct 19 01:58:22 PDT 2009

I've been trying for a few days to get inetd to actually work.
I'm most likely missing something that's obvious, but I've sort
of run out of ideas as to what to Google, apropos, etc. to find
the missing link.

I've un-commented the services I want in /etc/inetd.conf and
bumbled into un-commenting the ALL : ALL : allow line in
/etc/hosts.allow (first time I've run into this for some
reason) and enabled inetd at boot (it does run - just won't let
me connect to anything). By adding the -d option to inetd, I
get errors for each service that ipsec initialization failed,
though subsequent diagnostic output seemed to indicate that
inetd didn't care and was enabling the service.

About the only thing I've seen about the latter is that it
occurs when ipsec isn't compiled into the kernel.

What am I missing?
--

Walter M. Pawley <walt at wump.org>
Wump Research & Company