[PC-BSD Testing] Share tab of a folder in dolphin

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Sun Oct 18 20:00:26 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Dru Lavigne
To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org

If you right-click a folder in dolphin -> Properties -> Sharing -> Allowed
Users -> Choose Group, all of the system groups show in the drop down menu
for the new file share group which is a security risk for novice users. Is
it possible to not show this list and only show groups the user has made (or
the fileshare group above)? Ideally, there would be a New button in this
screen so the user could create a group.
-------

Not sure if this is PC-BSD or KDE thing, but here I suggest to show select
box where the user can type the group or part of it and then click a
"search" to fill the found groups.  I believe the way that XP does is very
intuitive for users/groups.

Fabry