[PC-BSD Testing] Latest PC-BSD issues

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Tue Oct 13 11:14:40 PDT 2009

2009/10/13 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>

> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009, A.Yerenkow wrote:
>
> > Appearance - Icons, "Get new themes" not working;
> > And splash screens not downloading too :(
> > text-to-speach instead of russian voice trying to give me Czech :)
> >

> I just did some testing on the Icons & Splash screen stuff. I'm not sure
> whats going on,
> but I can get only some of the themes / icons to install, if you try enough
> of them, some work
> some dont. It almost seems like a bug with the service, pointing to invalid
> files, since I
> get errors trying to connect to some of the download URLS, while others
> work.
>
> I'm also playing with test-to-speech, can't get english to work here, it
> reads text really fast
> and isn't understandable. Any of you guys managed to get it to work or
> understand the festival backend?

I little digged here and what I found:
1. KTTSD is not working, no matter I tryed :(
2. festival to work require nasd
3. when nasd running, english  (UK & USA) men are speaking OK
4. I found here russian voices:
http://festlang.berlios.de/docu/doku.php?id=russian
I simply unpacked it to /usr/local/share/festival/lib/voices/russian
And russian voice is working too.

Kris, I'll try to figure why kttsd not working, while festival is OK.
Can we add this russian voice to PC-BSD  base? :)

> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software

Regards,