[PC-BSD Testing] today's notes

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 11 18:00:10 PDT 2009

Is there a way for users who change their mind after the install to install PBIs from the installation DVD? e.g. downloading a large pbi like OO or amarok over the Internet may not be a desired option

Utilities -> Encryption Tools does not open kgpg

kgpg -> Help-> View GnuPG Manual fails as it can't find gpg man page.

Ark is funky when you add a file to a new archive. e.g when I add ~dru/somefile, there are 4 unnamed folders in the tree above /home.

Ark: when you create a new archive and select tar (compressed) format, it is unable to determine the archive type. The intended format is either broken or it is redundant and needs to be removed

is KNetAttach installed? (shows in Internet -> Network Folder Wizard menu) but I can't locate binary and clicking in kickoff menu does nothing

Cheers,

Dru