[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha2

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Thu Oct 8 21:25:34 PDT 2009

For the first time when I install the video config screen comes up with
the latest nVidia driver as default instead of the nv driver. That is
much nicer.

One problem that I have had with both alphas. It happened on the first
one but I thought it was just a glitch until I got the exact same thing
on this one. When I go to the System Manager and fetch the ports it goes
to 83% and quits. When I try it a second time it resumes at the 83%
point and finishes up just fine. This begs the question of whether or
not I should be using the ports console. If so does anyone know of a
good tutorial on using this as I have never done it this way?