[PC-BSD Testing] today's feature requests

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 6 14:31:47 PDT 2009

> > System Network Configuration, is it possible to have the Configure button in the Devices tab to prompt for the superuser password?
> > Currently it requires you to start System Settings in Administrative mode, otherwise the Configure button is greyed out. Also, is the
> > Configure button in administrative mode broken? I get nothing when I click on it.
>
> Humm, I'm confused.. When I run the network config here, the "configure" button does run kdesu to prompt for PW, and then
> it brings up the iterface just fine... Also, the config button works fine in the admin interface here also..

It must have been flaky in virtualbox as the Configure button in the Devices tab works on an installed system.

The Change Configuration button in the Network Configuration (Advanced) tab works when started as a regular user. However, it does nothing if System Settings was started in Administrative mode.

Cheers,

Dru