[PC-BSD Testing] New Alpha and PBIs for testing

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Oct 5 08:18:13 PDT 2009

Everybody,

I've just uploaded the latest PC-BSD 8.0 Alpha. This is more of a minor update, just some bugs fixed
with detecting the installer image on USB DVD drives, and added a new ability to the Xorg setup wizard,
to "suggest" the correct driver for your video card, such as nvidia-185.xx.xx, or intel-3d-enable, etc.

As usual, you can download the ISO's from here:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/

In addition to this new ISO, we've also begun building native 8.x PBIs now. The build servers
are going to take a week+ to finish building all of our applications, but if you would like
to start helping to test them out on 8.0 ALPHA, feel free to do so:

32bit PBIs
http://pbibuild.pcbsd.org/index.php?ver=8

64bit PBIs
http://pbibuild64.pcbsd.org/index.php?ver=8

If you want to help us test PBIs for 8.x, please post to the PBI Approval mailing list
with the following information:

PBI Tested: <NAME> <VERSION>
Arch: i386 / amd64
Installs: YES / NO
Runs: YES / NO
Uninstalls: YES / NO
Notes: <any specific information we need to know about this PBI>

This will help us start approving 8.x PBIs for www.pbidir.com, and then we can begin
offering them via the new SoftwareManager tool in 8.0 as well. Also, those of you
who would like to help Gonzalo and I out with PBI approval / upload to pbidir, this
would be a good way to get started, and then we may be able to give you admin access
to assist us.

Thanks everybody for your help!