[PC-BSD Testing] Support for J-Micron?

doverosx at gmail.com doverosx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:59:24 PST 2009

Jeff wrote:
> acd0       atkbd0     dsp1.1     log        null       ttyp1      ttyvf
> acpi       audit      dsp2.0     md0        pass0      ttyp2      ufsid
> ad0        bpf0       dsp2.1     mdctl      pci        ttyp3      ums0
> ad0s1      cd0        dsp3.0     mem        pf         ttyv0      urandom
> ad0s1a     cdrom      dsp3.1     midistat   ptyp0      ttyv1      usb
> ad0s1b     console    dsp4.0     mixer0     ptyp1      ttyv2      usb0
> ad0s1c     consolectl dsp4.1     mixer1     ptyp2      ttyv3      usb1
> ad1        ctty       dumpdev    mixer2     ptyp3      ttyv4      usb2
> ad1s1      cuad0      dvd        mixer3     random     ttyv5      usb3
> ad1s1a     cuad0.init fd         mixer4     sndstat    ttyv6      usb4
> ad1s1b     cuad0.lock fido       net        stderr     ttyv7      usb5
> ad1s1c     dcons      geom.ctl   net1       stdin      ttyv8      usb6
> ar0        devctl     io         net2       stdout     ttyv9      usb7
> ar0s1      devstat    kbd0       net3       sysmouse   ttyva      xpt0
> ar0s1a     dgdb       kbd1       net4       ttyd0      ttyvb      zero
> ar0s1b     dri        kbdmux0    network    ttyd0.init ttyvc
> ar0s1c     dsp0.0     klog       nfs4       ttyd0.lock ttyvd
> ata        dsp1.0     kmem       nfslock    ttyp0      ttyve

Okay I see ar0, that is for a raid array and I see ad1 and ad0.

If I assume ad1 is connected to the J-micron controller

you'd mount it like /dev/ad1s1 /media/Backup

ata is the controller and so you must mount block devices..in other
words a device that has a block type file structure. Hard drives tend to
be part of ad0, ad1, ad2, ad3, etc. RAID arrays are parte of ar0, ar1,
ar2, ar3, etc.

ad0s1 denotes a "slice" or low-level partition and ad0s1a denotes a
high-level partition like /, /etc, /var, etc.

Good luck and let us know ;)!