[PC-BSD Testing] Removing Stale OOo v2.4.2 PBI from Update Manager

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 12:04:05 PST 2009

Update Manager in  PCBSD 7.1.1 constantly states there is an upgrade to
OpenOffice-EN 2.4.2_3 even though I installed OpenOffice 3.x some time ago.
I believe OOo v2.4 is left over from the time when PCBSD 7.x came with OOo
v2.4.  I want to get rid of the "update" notice for a PBI I no longer use.

Ordinarily one can just delete the program directory in
/Programs/<Application_Name>.  On my system, OpenOffice-EN3.0.1 is listed
and there  is a corresponding directory for it at
/Programs/OpenOffice-EN3.0.1.  However, I cannot find an entry in /Programs
for OOo v2.4.

Another way is the use the "Software & Updates" tool at the PBI Manager tab,
but it likewise does not list OOo v2.4 in the inventory of PBIs.

I do have a hidden OOo directories in my directory -- .openoffice.org (where
v3 is located) and .openoffice.org2 (where v2 is located).  In order to
disable the Update Manager's reference to v2.4, can I simply remove the
hidden directory at /usr/home/.openoffice.org2?  Alternatively is there a
better way to rid myself of the pesky reminder?

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio