[PC-BSD Testing] Support for J-Micron?

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 04:27:50 PST 2009

Sounds good.

I finally got a reply from J-Micron:
---------------------------------
Dear
Sir :

FreeBSD
can support JMB36X directly.

Please
do NOT hot-plug your HDD on FreeBSD.

FreeBSD
can not support SATA hot-plug yet

Best regards,

CH Hsu

JMicron Technology Corp.---------------------------------------
So I changed the mode to IDE but can't figure out how to mount it.
Reading this, I assumed I could mount this as below but got an error:
# mount /dev/ata /media/Backup
mount: /dev/ata : Block device required
Tried various other device names with no luck.
The manpage for ata(4) indicates support for this device.
I have a WD external hard drive plugged into it.

Any idea how to mount it?

Thanks, Jeff