[PC-BSD Testing] Support for J-Micron?

Matt Olander matt at ixsystems.com
Wed Nov 25 22:34:26 PST 2009

Jeff wrote:
> I just bought an external hard drive but can't get the eSATA port to
> work on my ASUS P6T.  It's controlled by a chip from J-Micron, the
> JMB36X family.  Their website claims compatibility with FBSD but they
> don't have any drivers to download and the FBSD hardware compat list
> makes no mention of it.  They didn't respond to my email request.
>
> Anyone have any knowledge about this?

Hey Jeff, yeah, I think we found the same issue here at work. One of our
FreeBSD devs is already working on a patchset with that and several
other fixes. I believe it's a problem with AHCI so see if you can
disable that from the BIOS. The patch will probably be in the next alpha
release of PC-BSD.

If I find another way to work around it, I'll post to the list!

-matt

--
Matt Olander
CTO, iXsystems - "Servers for Open Source"   http://www.iXsystems.com