[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 7.1.1 and VirtualBox issues.

yurkis yurkis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 16:44:23 PST 2009

I found some problems in pcbsd 7:

PCBSD:
1. If no space left in pcbsd slice KDE is freezes and can not load after
reboot. I think that is KDE bug. PCBSD 7.1.1 x32. ZFS slice. As
temporary ugly solution I write script that allocate some temporary file
and remove it before KDE starts. KDE is steel freezes but can start
after reboot. BTW could you allow ctrl+alt+backspace in future release?

2. When I add NTFS partitions in fstab system can not find ntfs-3g.
Could you add ntfs-3g to base system but not to pcbsd localbase (ar may
be just add symlink)? I have lot of data in NTFS partitions that must be
accessible in fixed paths just after startup.

3. (minor) When I download plasmoid from internet it can not start
(problems with python engine- python-kde4 is missing?)

VirtualBox PBI:
1. Kernel modules are not load on boot time and/or start time. They are
in /usr/Programs/VirtualBoxDir/boot/modules.

2. Seamless (and sometimes fullscreen) mode causes incorrect behavior:
no windows visible, only button on taskbar, so I can not even stop
machine normally. Possible VirtualBox for FreeBSD bug. On Ubuntu and
kubuntu works fine. Or may be problem with two monitors.