[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD * Alpha Testing

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Fri Nov 13 12:50:39 PST 2009

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:56:37 -0500
> From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com>
> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD * Alpha Testing
> To: PC-BSD Testing list <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>
>
> Mike Bybee wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:21 AM,  <testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:52:19 -0500
>> From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com>
>> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD * Alpha Testing
>> To: PC-BSD Testing list <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>
>>>
>>> If you find any ports that you need are aren't in PBI format, go ahead
>>> and request them here:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Requests

>>> --
>>>
>>> Kris Moore
>>> PC-BSD Software
>>> http://www.pcbsd.com
>>>

>>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Thanks for that link! I have added in a PBI request for Rhythmbox,
>> since I noticed it wasn't in the default Gnome install (and I'm a big
>> fan). There is already a port for it, though the port doesn't build
>> properly under PC-BSD 7 (ask for details if you'd like them). I'll be
>> happy to help build the PBI, in fact I was planning on it.
>
> Rhythmbox is a PBI now for 7.x, 8.0 will follow in the next week or two.
>
> http://pbibuild.pcbsd.org
> http://pbibuild64.pcbsd.org

Thank you very much! That was extremely fast

>> With regards to the the login screen issue with 1280x1024 - I noticed
>> the same issue on my system at 1280x800 as well. I'm really happy to
>> see that's going to be fixed.
>
> I think it may be fixed now, James just committed new login theme stuff
> for 8.0 the other day, when the next alpha comes out, let me know if it
> corrects the issue.

I will be sure to check as soon as the alpha is posted.

>> Quick question about the 'Add Remove Software' dialog - it first comes
>> up with the kdesu prompt asking me to authenticate as root, then it
>> tells me that I have to run as root (but with the same theme as the
>> normal system settings now). Shouldn't that be the other way around?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike Bybee
>
> This is on 7.1.1? I think this has already been fixed in 8.0 :)

This existed as of the most recent 8 Alpha image I checked. I'll go
grab the newest one and check again.

> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

Thank you very much for all the hard work on PC-BSD 8. It looks like
it's going to be by far the best PC-BSD release yet!

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee