[PC-BSD Testing] few remaining bugs in System Settings

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 13 09:28:33 PST 2009

Will Applications -> System -> System Settings (Administrator) be added back to
the Kickoff menu? Some options are greyed out in some modules (such as Login Manager, Samba, system cron in Task Scheduler) and don't provide the opportunity to become superuser.

Firewall config module: when you type a port number, it does not change to the correct service name in the listing unless you close and reopen the window.

We still need a unique name for "services manager" so it is not confused with KDE's "service manager"

System Settings -> Desktop Search: strigi is not automatically started (I noticed there is a script for it in Autostart). When started manually it fails with the error "Strigi service failed to initialize, most likely due to an installation problem".

feature request: remove Applications -> System -> Wallet Management Tool as it does not work. Users can use the KDE Wallet System Settings module instead.

feature request: should the PolicyKit Authorization module be included in System Settings? Is this something anyone other than a KDE developer uses?

System Settings -> Power Management -> General Settings: Profile Assignment drop down menus don't work

Cheers,

Dru