[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD * Alpha Testing

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Nov 13 07:56:37 PST 2009

Mike Bybee wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:21 AM,  <testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:52:19 -0500
> From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com>
> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD * Alpha Testing
> To: PC-BSD Testing list <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>
>>> I need to run ports to load up mc, xmms, xpdf, etc. Can't live without them.
>>
>> If you find any ports that you need are aren't in PBI format, go ahead
>> and request them here:
>>
>> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Requests
>>

>>> Sid
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD Software
>> http://www.pcbsd.com
>>

>> ------------------------------
>
> Thanks for that link! I have added in a PBI request for Rhythmbox,
> since I noticed it wasn't in the default Gnome install (and I'm a big
> fan). There is already a port for it, though the port doesn't build
> properly under PC-BSD 7 (ask for details if you'd like them). I'll be
> happy to help build the PBI, in fact I was planning on it.

Rhythmbox is a PBI now for 7.x, 8.0 will follow in the next week or two.

http://pbibuild.pcbsd.org
http://pbibuild64.pcbsd.org

> With regards to the the login screen issue with 1280x1024 - I noticed
> the same issue on my system at 1280x800 as well. I'm really happy to
> see that's going to be fixed.

I think it may be fixed now, James just committed new login theme stuff
for 8.0 the other day, when the next alpha comes out, let me know if it
corrects the issue.

> Quick question about the 'Add Remove Software' dialog - it first comes
> up with the kdesu prompt asking me to authenticate as root, then it
> tells me that I have to run as root (but with the same theme as the
> normal system settings now). Shouldn't that be the other way around?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Bybee

This is on 7.1.1? I think this has already been fixed in 8.0 :)

http://www.pcbsd.com