[PC-BSD Testing] questions/requests about support/docs

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Nov 12 07:10:06 PST 2009

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> > > How does one make an account on faqs? Or do you want people adding to
> this (not
> > > being able to login may be why there are so few of these). If people can
> make an account, is it possible to integrate the forums and the faqs so that
> the login for one works for the other?
> >
> > I've updated phpmyfaqs now, I think the registration was disabled
> > before. Give it a try again, let me know if you can
> > register now. I don't think we can marge the two usernames though
> > between forums / faqs, two completely different pieces of software, and
> > would be a pain to keep that working :)
>

> Can someone who has time please check the mail system on faqs. I was able to
> create an account, but can't activate it as an email was never sent.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru

Dru,

Your account is active now. The FAQ system is a bit weird, it doesn't auto-auth accounts, rather it sends me an e-mail and I have to manually approve
each account :( I'm not quite sure why it does that, but it looks
like accounts are only needed to answer asked questions, or make mods but
any anonymous user can ask a question.

If anybody else on the testing list would like to help out in some other
way, I'll be happy to set you up with FAQ database permissions, so you can
clean it up, or add your own FAQ's. The DB is rather outdated right now,
and could really use some TLC :)