[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD * Alpha Testing

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Wed Nov 11 11:40:20 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:21 AM,  <testing-request at lists.pcbsd.org> wrote:

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:52:19 -0500
From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com>
Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD * Alpha Testing
To: PC-BSD Testing list <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>

>> I need to run ports to load up mc, xmms, xpdf, etc. Can't live without them.
>

> If you find any ports that you need are aren't in PBI format, go ahead
> and request them here:
>
> http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Requests
>

>> Sid
>>

> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com
>

> ------------------------------

Thanks for that link! I have added in a PBI request for Rhythmbox,
since I noticed it wasn't in the default Gnome install (and I'm a big
fan). There is already a port for it, though the port doesn't build
properly under PC-BSD 7 (ask for details if you'd like them). I'll be
happy to help build the PBI, in fact I was planning on it.

With regards to the the login screen issue with 1280x1024 - I noticed
the same issue on my system at 1280x800 as well. I'm really happy to
see that's going to be fixed.

Quick question about the 'Add Remove Software' dialog - it first comes
up with the kdesu prompt asking me to authenticate as root, then it
tells me that I have to run as root (but with the same theme as the
normal system settings now). Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Thanks,
Mike Bybee