[PC-BSD Testing] "system update" option under ALPHA-20091029

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Nov 11 06:20:31 PST 2009

Johann Hugo wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I select "system update" during the installation process then I can't see
> my current PCBSD installation on the disk.
>
> I was also wondering about zfs. At some stage there was an option in the boot
> menu to enable zfs support. Is zfs support enabled on alpha-20091029.
>
> I've manually created a zpool and zfs partitions on a second disk and I got
> PCBSD8.0-alpha running on it, but that installation is also not visible from
> the "system update" menu.
>
> Both the normal and zfs installations are visible from the command line If I
> switch from X to a console.
>
> Cheers
> Johann

Johann,

All those features aren't working / present in the current 8.0 ALPHAs.
We are still working hard
to implement a brand-new system installer for 8.0, which will be put in
soon I'm hoping. Once that
goes in then we'll be able to start testing / confirming things such as
ZFS, GMirror, Geli, Upgrades and others
are working :)

http://www.pcbsd.com