[PC-BSD Testing] questions/requests about support/docs

Dru Lavigne drulavigne at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 9 13:32:33 PST 2009

>From this week's chapter regarding support/documentation:

Can anyone create a login account and edit wiki.pcbsd.org? (I didn't want to try with a spurious edit). If so, is it possible to restrict who can edit (e.g. similar to giving a commit bit)? I'm pointing readers to the wiki as a resource and don't want a bunch of newbies trying to edit stuff.

feature request: on the Support page, change the title of the Knowledge Base hyperlink to "Knowledge Base/ FAQs". I originally had to google to find the FAQs.

feature request: here it is called the PC-BSD Users Handbook: http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PC-BSD_Users_Handbook,
here it is called the PC-BSD Guide: http://docs.pcbsd.org/guide/index_single.html,
here it is called the Quick Guide: http://docs.pcbsd.org/. It is all the same document. Please pick one title and update all links (and the shortcut on the Desktop) accordingly.

How does one make an account on faqs? Or do you want people adding to this (not
being able to login may be why there are so few of these). If people can make an account, is it possible to integrate the forums and the faqs so that the login for one works for the other?

feature request: the "click here" link in the professional support paragraph at http://www.pcbsd.org/content/view/15/29/ should display something more useful than the main iXsystems page (e.g. a list of offerings and prices or the contact info for sales if they don't want to list prices online).

Cheers,

Dru