[PC-BSD Testing] Dolphin Admin Mode Problems

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 13:17:13 PST 2009

Kris -- There is an "old" message board post about Dolphin admin mode
problems, but it is not the same issue.  There, the problem with Dolphin in
the admin mode is that it launched with a blank file list window and the
following error message appeared at the bottom of the window:  "Could not
start process?? Cannot talk to klauncher.? The name org.ked.klauncher was
not provided by and .service files."   You solved that problem.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Ian Robinson <fitchkendall at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 Kris Moore wrote about Dolphin Admin Mode Problems
> saying:
>
>  Ok, i see this same error on 7.1 now as well. I've been testing it on
> 7.1.1RC2, and I can't get it to fail at all
> on there. Are any of you seeing this error on 7.1.1RC2?
>
> Here's a work-around which fixes it on my 7.1 box though, can you guys try
> and confirm this?
>
> % kdesu 'dolphin --nofork'
> --
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
>
> and later on July 1 2009 Kris wrote saying:
>

>> Great! I've updated to use the -nofork flag in the kmenu icon as well now,
>> so we'll mark this one solved for 7.1.1 :)
>>

>> --
>> Kris Moore
>> PC-BSD Software

> REPLY
>
> Yes -- that command works for me too.
>
> Ian

Just for fun, I tried to launch with the -nofork command line argument.
UNFORTUNATELY . . . that does fix 8.0-Alpha problem . . .

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio