[PC-BSD Testing] question about ports

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Nov 3 12:11:23 PST 2009

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Dru Lavigne wrote:

> Now that we have Ports Console, will System Manager still be used to Fetch Ports? I just tried on the
> latest ISO and it didn't get installed to the jail. Is this a work in progress or will there be another
> utility that will be used to add /usr/ports to the jail?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru
> !DSPAM:1,4aef4a9f15312049164005!

I haven't gotten around to figuring out how that'll work yet :)

Right now as you've seen, it only extracts your systems regular /usr/ports tree, and your port console
is still empty. Here's some of the possible solutions, feel free to chime in and let me know what
you guys think would work best:

* Setup system manager to provide option to select if you want to install into the ports console or
the base system

* Default to only extracting ports into the ports console, since you probably shouldn't be building
ports on the main tree anyway

* Do some nullfs mount of /usr/ports to into the port jail, so they can share

Any ideas on which one would work best or be ideal for us?