[PC-BSD Testing] two problems with 7.1

krzysiek nr10232 at op.pl
Sun May 31 09:21:42 PDT 2009

Hi.
1. I have problems with usb printers - after configuring printer with
cups, i can't print on it. Printer is installed, URI is
"usb:/dev/ulpt0", but CUPS report s that "printer is not connected; i
will try again in 30 seconds" (or something like this; oryginal message
is in polish, so i translate it). System see the printer. I tried
install two different printer on two different computers without
success. I send dmesg as attachment.

2. I can't use kadu ( /usr/ports/polish/kadu ). it installed properly,
but when i try to start it, i see icon on taskbar for the moment, and it
disappear ).
     on freebsd 7.2-release it's working fine.

regards,
krzysiek