[PC-BSD Testing] Portsnap back to normal

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed May 20 13:14:59 PDT 2009

Jeff wrote:
> Not sure what happened yesterday, but today I tried again.  Running portsnap via the system exited unexpectedly again, but did not cause a Sig11 this time.
>
> Via Runports, I separated the commands:
>
> portsnap fetch
>
> portsnap extract
>
> No problems.

Yea, I did some testing here, and it runs perfectly fine on my system,
both in runports, and out of it. That being said, I was seeing some
weird reboots earlier when I tried to copy large amounts of data. I
removed a stick of ram, and the stability issues went away. Maybe faulty
HW on my end?

http://www.pcbsd.com