[PC-BSD Testing] Fresh install uses old PBIs

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 11:17:05 PDT 2009

I noticed when using the internet method on a fresh PCBSD install (boot CD) that the available PBIs were all out of date.  Of course I didn't know that until after the system rebooted and promptly informed me they were all out of date.

So in trying to save time I ended up wasting more.  If it's easy to do, I'd recommend pointing the install to the latest PBIs.

There probably should be a system message telling you to immediately run the Update Manager after install/reboot to update the system, as well.  Even better, but more work would be to roll all the patches into the package more often.

...Jeff