[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD WM PBI

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon May 18 06:05:37 PDT 2009

doverosx at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>     If you haven't downloaded the WMs for PC-BSD it is a MUST! The
> PC-BSD devs have definitely done some good work here and shows the true
> agility of sticking to a FreeBSD platform + PC-BSD packages. There are
> some issues of course, but I'll report on the main ones for now.
>
>     I am running PC-BSD 7.1 - x64 (from a clean install which has fixed
> a lot of my bogus problems/including corrupted local configs in my home
> dir). I have installed Gnome and XFCE. To test the basics of each, I
> logged out of PC-BSD and select XFCE or Gnome. Once I was in Gnome I
> decided to back out to the login in select XFCE, but Gnome did not
> successfully log me out. The panels were gone and so were desktop icons,
> but logging out of gnome hangs. Killing Xorg backs me out to the login
> screen. The same issue goes for logging out of XFCE, except XFCE didn't
> respond at all. Again, killing Xorg backs me out to the login screen.
>
> Regards,
> Brodey Dover

Brody,

Glad that you like the new WM's I've gotten running :) I've also got a
version of KDE3 waiting to compile, and Enlightenment as well. I've also
figured out why they were hanging at logout, and it will be fixed when
they rebuild. It had to do with the CrashHandler helper application
being run on them, which isn't necessary for WM's. I've added a flag so
we can disable that now for any application.

http://www.pcbsd.com