[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD WM PBI

doverosx at gmail.com doverosx at gmail.com
Sat May 16 09:02:53 PDT 2009

Hello all,

    If you haven't downloaded the WMs for PC-BSD it is a MUST! The
PC-BSD devs have definitely done some good work here and shows the true
agility of sticking to a FreeBSD platform + PC-BSD packages. There are
some issues of course, but I'll report on the main ones for now.

    I am running PC-BSD 7.1 - x64 (from a clean install which has fixed
a lot of my bogus problems/including corrupted local configs in my home
dir). I have installed Gnome and XFCE. To test the basics of each, I
logged out of PC-BSD and select XFCE or Gnome. Once I was in Gnome I
decided to back out to the login in select XFCE, but Gnome did not
successfully log me out. The panels were gone and so were desktop icons,
but logging out of gnome hangs. Killing Xorg backs me out to the login
screen. The same issue goes for logging out of XFCE, except XFCE didn't
respond at all. Again, killing Xorg backs me out to the login screen.

Regards,
Brodey Dover