[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 7.1 needs to check sizes on update

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Thu May 14 15:15:14 PDT 2009

I tried updating from 7.0.2 to 7.1.  Things went fine until the disk ran out
of space adding software packages.

 I deleted a number of things and then the installer no longer recognized the
partition as a BSD update candidate.

I tried doing an install, but the installer noted that I had a 9 MB partition
but the install needed 10 GB.  [It would have been good to know this before I
trashed my 7.0.2 work environment].

FYI,
-KenD

Perhaps a "slim" distro would be helpful.  I just installed FreeBSD
7.1-release and am now back to rebuilding the dog yet again from amino acids
[I do appreciate the work that went into PC-BSD!!].