[PC-BSD Testing] iwi firmwares not loaded

doverosx at gmail.com doverosx at gmail.com
Thu May 14 19:28:47 PDT 2009

Hello,

Upon inspection of my wireless issues in BSD7 I have downloaded source
and have begun to dig my spare time away (shh, I actually love it, it's
okay). As per iwi(4), iwi_bss_load="YES", iwi_ibss_load="YES" and
iwi_monitor_load="YES" are to be added to loader.conf. Without adding
these lines, it appeared iwi_bss was loaded (I kldstat'd), but the other
two were not.

So far, this hasn't improved signal strength (Did BSD 7 stop using an
antenna for iwi? I'm using 2915), but I will test tomorrow to see if I'm
able to connect to the wireless network at school tomorrow.

Regards,
Brodey Dover