[PC-BSD Testing] ktorrent crashes upon launch

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat May 9 19:32:38 PDT 2009

doverosx at gmail.com wrote:
> Kris Moore wrote:
>> doverosx at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've run into this issue, I suspect that there is an issue with the
>>> permissions/PBI installer. I have confirmed that dbus is working (dumped
>>> 75 device when I ran lshal).
>>>
>>> /<unknown program name>(67804)/: KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the
>>> D-Bus session server
>>>
>>> <unknown program name>(67803)/: KUniqueApplication: Pipe closed
>>> unexpectedly.
>>>
>>> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
>>> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
>>>
>>> /Playing around some more, I tried:
>>> /
>>> [root at pcbsd]/home/Brodey(17)# dbus-launch ktorrent
>>> No protocol specified
>>> grep: /root/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals: No such file or directory
>>> <unknown program name>(43333)/: KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the
>>> D-Bus session server
>>>
>>> <unknown program name>(43332)/: KUniqueApplication: Pipe closed
>>> unexpectedly.
>>>
>>> No protocol specified
>>> CrashHandler-bin: cannot connect to X server :0
>>>
>>> /I remember seeing some Xlib errors from another member on the testing
>>> list, but I don't remember the recommended tests/workaround.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Brodey
>>>

>> Brodey,
>>
>> Does rebooting fix this issue? I've run into a few weird issues with
>> dbus from time to time as well. One thing which seemed to improve it was
>> disabling ntpd. For some reason ntp syncing caused dbus hiccups /
>> timeouts to happen on my system.
>>

> Any updates? Is anyone from PC-BSD project staying in Ottawa any longer
> (I wasn't able to make it to BSDCan due to a family emergency) so that I
> can setup a remote desktop and show my multitude of issues?
>
> I can try installing ktorrent from ports...but I don't think there is a
> PBI Creator in the BSD ports tree so I haven't got a clue why PBI
> Creator also crashes.
>
> Regards,
> Brodey

Brodey,

I'm getting ready to leave early in the morning. I will be back working
on Monday, As for Ktorrent, since its in our base, it should just be
working, I've still not run into any problems here. As for dbus, if you
run "qdbus" does it return a list of processes / functions that are
available? What happens if you try to restart dbus manually?

# /PCBSD/local/etc/rc.d/dbus restart

http://www.pcbsd.com