[PC-BSD Testing] Kompozer seg fault

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat May 9 08:51:38 PDT 2009

Jeff wrote:
> Got a seg fault in Kompozer when trying to preview some code.
>
> Similar problem in Bluefish trying to view same code in browser (no response).
>
> Error:
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
>
> (kompozer-bin:97954): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "qt4engine",
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
> I installed some older port that needed QT3, so that got installed too.  Could that have caused this?  Might explain some other strange errors too, I've been having.

Jeff,

Thats possible, maybe the QT3 stuff is being used also? I'll have to try
out the preview stuff in Kompozer though to see if I can duplicate.

Also, I've just setup a new mailing list:

Please try to report PBI bugs to this list now. It'll be easier for us
to track / fix these bugs, since not all PBI devs may be watching
following the -testing list :)

http://www.pcbsd.com