[PC-BSD Testing] Testing 7.1 RC1

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Tue Mar 31 22:16:34 PST 2009

On 01.04.2009 1:36, Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
> here it is... dd for windows
>   - http://www.chrysocome.net/dd
>
> never used, just saw it awhile back and found today when I read this email.

Hm, cool :) But anyway, I could add more files to FAT flash, but
couldn't do for UFS ;)
And I didn't forced to lost all data from flash every time I change
Install image to new one.
I think in whole world there will be two-three people who find this
useful :D

And Kris, about RC1:
1. If I choose upgrade, I see "Mounting CD..." when rm process working,
user could be confused, "Why my CD is mounting about 10 minutes"? Better
change label while removing old data. And place new label in the end of
install - when PBI are installing.
2. I had rebooted PC with not-checked filesystem. I did upgrade, after
reboot my filesystem was still dirty and required fsck. And maybe this
is related - this upgrade couldn't login into KDE. I propose before
mounting partition for upgrade, check it with fsck, and maybe try to
intercept some errors according to HDD fails? How about this.

Now going to reinstall fully RC1 and test OS itself :)