[PC-BSD Testing] pcbsd7.1 rc1 PBI corrupt

rasz raszobbi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 08:57:49 PST 2009

Kris Moore wrote:
> Arthur Koziol wrote:

>>> Can you try grabbing FF 3 for 7.x? Does that work?
>>>
>>> http://www.pbidir.com/bt/pbi/49/firefox
>>>
>> Kris,
>>
>> Last week when I went to the
>> /pub/pbioutgoing/i386/7/outgoing/firefox3 on ftp.pcbsd.org for
>> Firefox 3.0.7, it did give me the "File is Corrupt" when running the PBI.
>> Grabbing the same pbi file from pbidir mirrors worked fine. I tried a
>> few others from the /pub/pbioutgoing/i386/7/outgoing/ folders and
>> they threw the error too.
>> Maybe Rasz was doing what I was doing instead of going to pbidir?
>>
>> Arthur
>>

> Thats entirely possible :)
>
> Need to ensure that any downloaded PBI's are for 7.x before trying to
> install them. A good way to tell is run "file <pbi>" and see if it is
> marked as FreeBSD 7 binary, or FreeBSD 6.

if i understand you both correctly, i got the pbi's from pbidir and
quite sure i triple checked i did click on 32-bit 7x after first fails
due to paranoia. i had also
downloaded them from a windows install from pbidir to rule out transfer
issues, but they had failed.

p.s. are you reporting just major install issues with the os right now
or anything you come across? i had a relatively flawless install and
have some time to play around today.