[PC-BSD Testing] pcbsd7.1 rc1 PBI corrupt

rasz raszobbi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 08:38:28 PST 2009

Kris Moore wrote:
> rasz wrote:
>> Kris Moore wrote:

>>> Rasz,
>>>
>>> The 7.x PBI's should run on 7.1RC1. If you find one that isn't
>>> working, please let us know which one it is, and what URL you used
>>> to download it, so we can look into it :)
>>>

>> actually any pbi i tried was failing with *file is corrupt*. i tried
>> a few at random after 1 fail, but i think i hit some unlucky ones and
>> though all would fail. but giving xchat a go after your reply worked.
>> there was nothing i really needed, so i am not sure which i tried
>> before pgAdmin, i remember, something from utilities, and something
>> from emulators or games.
>> with beta1 i had also tried gnome but not now on rc1. fownloading a
>> couple more now.
>>

>> !DSPAM:1,49d0e1ef20161423414724!
>>

> Can you try grabbing FF 3 for 7.x? Does that work?
>
> http://www.pbidir.com/bt/pbi/49/firefox

yes FF3 works fine, so does thunderbird and google earth.
curious though, update manager isn't reporting  there is an update for
FF3 . the one i have already installed off the install disc is v3.0.6
and the one i just dl'ed is 3.0.7.
still the pbi launcher correctly detected the previous version already
installed and asked to remove it first. all went well, but i don't have
flash ( neither did 3.0.6 - even after nspluginwrapper).

minor detail for the record and future ref - while v3.0.6 was installed
i added the icon to favorites (first tab in kicker) but you have to
remove that and redo after upgrade)