[PC-BSD Testing] pcbsd7.1 rc1 PBI corrupt

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Mon Mar 30 08:01:18 PST 2009

>rasz wrote:
> > Kris Moore wrote:

> >> Rasz,
> >>
> >> The 7.x PBI's should run on 7.1RC1. If you find one that isn't
> >> working, please let us know which one it is, and what URL you used to
> >> download it, so we can look into it :)
> >>

> > actually any pbi i tried was failing with *file is corrupt*. i tried a
> > few at random after 1 fail, but i think i hit some unlucky ones and
> > though all would fail. but giving xchat a go after your reply worked.
> > there was nothing i really needed, so i am not sure which i tried before
> > pgAdmin, i remember, something from utilities, and something from
> > emulators or games.
> > with beta1 i had also tried gnome but not now on rc1. fownloading a
> > couple more now.
> >

> > !DSPAM:1,49d0e1ef20161423414724!
> >

>Can you try grabbing FF 3 for 7.x? Does that work?
>
>http://www.pbidir.com/bt/pbi/49/firefox

Kris,

Last week when I went to the
/pub/pbioutgoing/i386/7/outgoing/firefox3 on ftp.pcbsd.org for
Firefox 3.0.7, it did give me the "File is Corrupt" when running the PBI.
Grabbing the same pbi file from pbidir mirrors worked fine. I tried a
few others from the /pub/pbioutgoing/i386/7/outgoing/ folders and
they threw the error too.
Maybe Rasz was doing what I was doing instead of going to pbidir?

Arthur