[PC-BSD Testing] 7.1RC1 results

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Mar 30 05:58:45 PST 2009

Brian wrote:
>   Some quick impressions :
>
>  Good -
>
> -installer is off center , but works great
> -KDE4 finally feels quick and seems to work great
> -print setup now works good with a full printer list
> -ports compilation seems to work
> -the clock is back to AM/PM
>
> Not so good -
>
> -sound is still broke on my system with no error output whatsoever
> -Bringing up system services froze the system once for me when using
> system settings in administrator mode . On the second try when bringing
> up system settings as normal user, then changing to administrator mode
> for system services , the whole system crashed and immediately started
> to reboot .

Brian,

Can you send me a the output from dmesg, and "pciconf -lv"? Maybe your
particular sound card got switched around to use a different driver now.
I'll take a look with that output and figure out if we have the right
module loading.

Also, does the system services crash happen each time, or was it only
the first time and go away after the reboot?

http://www.pcbsd.com