[PC-BSD Testing] NVidia driver 180.44 released today
A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Mon Mar 30 05:42:58 PST 2009
Operating System: FreeBSD x86
Release Date: : March 30, 2009
* Added support for the following GPUs:
* Quadro FX 3800
* Quadro FX 3700M
* Quadro FX 1800
* Quadro FX 580
* Quadro FX 380
* Quadro NVS 295
* GeForce GT 120
* GeForce G100
* Fixed a problem that could cause Xid errors and display
corruption in certain cases when OpenGL is used to render to
redirected windows, for example when Java2D is used with the
* Updated glGetStringi(GL_EXTENSIONS, i) to no longer return NULL
in OpenGL 3.0 preview contexts.
* Fixed OpenGL crashes when using a large number of texture objects.
* Fixed the timestamp reporting in the GL_NV_present_video
extension on SDI II with Quadro FX 4800 and 5800.
* Fixed a problem that caused the screen to flicker momentarily
when OpenGL applications exit unexpectedly on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
* Fixed an X server crash when an X client attempts to draw
trapezoids and RenderAccel is disabled.
* Improved recovery from certain types of errors.
* Added support for RG renderbuffers in OpenGL 3.0.
* Added support for OpenGL 3.0 floating-point depth buffers.
* Updated VDPAU to support VC-1/WMV acceleration on all GPUs
supported by VDPAU; see the README for details.
* Fixed VDPAU corruption on some H.264 clips.
* Updated VDPAU documentation in the README and in vdpau.h, in
particular regarding how to use the deinterlacing algorithms in the
VdpVideoMixer object. Explicitly documented "half rate"
deinterlacing, which should allow the advanced algorithms to run on
more low-end systems.
* Implemented a "skip chroma deinterlace" option in VDPAU, which
should allow the advanced deinterlacing algorithms to run on more
low-end systems. See vdpau.h.
* Fixed VDPAU VC-1 decoding on 64-bit platforms.
* Updated the VDPAU wrapper library to print dlerror() messages
when driver loading problems occur.
* Improved VDPAU's handling of some corrupt H.264 streams, and
some corrupt/invalid MPEG streams on some GPUs.
* Fixed VDPAU to correctly handle WMV "range reduction" on some
GPUs. A minor backwards-compatible API change was made for this; see
vdpau.h's documentation for structure field VdpPictureInfoVC1.rangered.
* Fixed a problem that caused surfaces to be marked as visible
too early when the blit presentation queue is in use.
* Fixed VDPAU to prevent some cases of "display preemption" in
the face of missing H.264 reference frames on some GPUs.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Testing