[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 7.1-RC1-Disappearing Icons

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 05:41:59 PST 2009

I had earlier reported that the K-menu would not respond to mouse clicks.
Rebooting restores K-menu functionality.

However, the reboot left the transparent Desktop Folder visible, but no
icons were visible.  Sweeping the mouse across the entire area of the
Desktop Folder made all the icons reappear one-by-one as the mouse passed
over their location  -- all except one icon.  The icon which did not
reappear was one of two files that had been downloaded to the desktop
folder.  When I used Dolphin to look into the desktop folder, the
"invisible" file was there.

I do not know if there is a connection between the loss of K-menu and the
subsequent loss of the desktop icons, but I thought I would raise the
possibility in case there was a great conspiracy afoot.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio