[PC-BSD Testing] 7.1RC1 results

Brian peispud at eastlink.ca
Fri Mar 27 20:47:56 PST 2009

  Some quick impressions :

 Good -

-installer is off center , but works great
-KDE4 finally feels quick and seems to work great
-print setup now works good with a full printer list
-ports compilation seems to work
-the clock is back to AM/PM

Not so good -

-sound is still broke on my system with no error output whatsoever
-Bringing up system services froze the system once for me when using
system settings in administrator mode . On the second try when bringing
up system settings as normal user, then changing to administrator mode
for system services , the whole system crashed and immediately started
to reboot .