[PC-BSD Testing] Bad mojo for Intel 3D Driver in 7.1RC1

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Fri Mar 27 09:37:15 PST 2009

Downloaded Quake III Arena and Tux Racer to test the onboard video
card. Using the Intel 3D Enable driver on a Dell GX280 (i915), the
screen flashes and flickers pretty badly. Had to ctrl-alt-backspace
to get back to desktop. Using regular Intel driver seems ok but the
games are unplayable in terms of framerate. I realize nothing higher
than the 2.5.1 Intel driver has been ported over and it's probably
due to this. I hope they get 2.6.x finished and ported over some day soon. :-(

Kris, in 7.1B1 you were using xserver 1.5.3_5, right? Does 7.1RC1
include 1.5.3_7 (not that it would help me, ha ha :-D )? It doesn't
explicitly state the port revision info using X -version so I was
curious how to find that out.

Responsiveness seems to have improved somewhat since the B1 release.

Arthur