[PC-BSD Testing] libX11 config failure

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Mar 24 07:12:53 PST 2009

Larry Gadallah wrote:
> Hi Kris:

>>> Thanks for the quick response. Alas, that didn't fix it either.  I got
>>> exactly the same error for this version of bash:
>>>
>>> [root at pinawa /usr/ports/x11/libX11]# bash --version
>>> GNU bash, version 3.2.48(1)-release (amd64-portbld-freebsd7.0)
>>> Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ahh, try this:
>>
>> # ln -s /bin/bash /usr/local/bin/bash
>>
>> Does it work now?
>
> Nope. I tried linking bash 3.x (/bin/bash) to /usr/local/bin/bash and
> linking bash 4.x (/usr/local/bin/bash) to /bin/bash. Same results in
> either case after a "make distclean" and "make".
>
>> We ship a static version of bash in /bin/, which may be causing problems
>> if the scripts have #!/usr/local/bin/bash in their header.
>>

> Cheers,

That is very strange then. If you've rolled your own version of bash
then it should just work, since its not using our included version any
longer. I'm working on 7.1RC1 right now, and I was able to install
x11/libX11 just fine here with the "runports" command. I'm on 32bit
though, not sure if that makes a difference.

http://www.pcbsd.com