[PC-BSD Testing] guidline vs checklist

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Mar 20 06:42:34 PST 2009

Gary B. Corell wrote:
> Yall:
> A guidline may be more acceptable to a lot of folks. In spite of
> semantics, a checklist implies everything must be completed where
> guidline implies "Answer what you can".
>  gotta agree with Bill That a checklist can cause tunnelvision and
> missing a fault.
> In my case,and i havent looked at the checklist beyond the first 3 or 4
> major topics,  I have had problems with Beta1 trying to get a few of my
> favorite programs working. Several of the PBI's were corrupt, several
> were not available from some mirrors ( no, not a problem per se of B1 in
> that last area),  A couple of them , Gkrellm's text is hosed up,  and
> the PBi is corrupt. Skype pbi is corrupt or missing, and when compiled,
> would not show up in any menu anywhere or run from command line.  Sox
> would not compile tho it did in 7.0.2 from my end 7.1beta1 looks great
> but 7.0.2 works a lot better.

Thanks for the heads up. I've just issued a rebuild of gkrellm, which
should fix the font issues. I've also corrected the skype issues, and
it'll rebuild this weekend as well. (The port was pretty broken as well)
If you run across any other PBIs that still don't work on 7.1, please
let me know and we'll get them replaced.

>  I have ATI 3d working on my box just fine.
>  I misunderstood the sound menu in the system menu and tried to make
> sure my Intel hda card was preferred and the next time it booted up kde
> wanted to get rid of it. I put  load_snd_hda=YES in loader.conf to
> vercome that problem.

Do you have multiple sound cards on this system?