[PC-BSD Testing] guidline vs checklist

Gary B. Corell wa5qjh at xmission.com
Thu Mar 19 13:13:47 PST 2009

Yall:
A guidline may be more acceptable to a lot of folks. In spite of
semantics, a checklist implies everything must be completed where
guidline implies "Answer what you can".
 gotta agree with Bill That a checklist can cause tunnelvision and
missing a fault.
In my case,and i havent looked at the checklist beyond the first 3 or 4
major topics,  I have had problems with Beta1 trying to get a few of my
favorite programs working. Several of the PBI's were corrupt, several
were not available from some mirrors ( no, not a problem per se of B1 in
that last area),  A couple of them , Gkrellm's text is hosed up,  and
the PBi is corrupt. Skype pbi is corrupt or missing, and when compiled,
would not show up in any menu anywhere or run from command line.  Sox
would not compile tho it did in 7.0.2 from my end 7.1beta1 looks great
but 7.0.2 works a lot better.
 I have ATI 3d working on my box just fine.
 I misunderstood the sound menu in the system menu and tried to make
sure my Intel hda card was preferred and the next time it booted up kde
wanted to get rid of it. I put  load_snd_hda=YES in loader.conf to
vercome that problem.

--
Gary B. Corell
Failure is not an option. It comes bundeled with your Microsoft products.