[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha/Beta Testing Checklist

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Wed Mar 18 13:07:55 PST 2009

It probably is a good idea, but no offense intended Ian, I used to
test extensively for Symantec a few years back and they used a
checklist approach. Personally, I hated it because it got testers so
focussed on the list that they ended up just doing just the list. The
most interesting bugs were rarely found by the testers who followed
the list.   :-)

Actually, it would work OK as long as we didn't insist that everybody
do that. Being retired I don't have the patience to follow a checklist
anymore. Besides, it is always nice to have people who come in and
turn on the computer and think I wonder what the hell would happen if
I tried this...  Just my two cents worth, but how about just putting
it forth as a set of guidelines instead of a checklist. the difference
is more a bit of semantics than anything, but I do better with
guidelines than I do with checklists.   :-)