[PC-BSD Testing] Proposition

Alexander Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Wed Mar 18 07:40:31 PST 2009

Kris Moore wrote:
> A.Yerenkow wrote:
>
>> Kris, and all others, I make a proposition for few things "had to be
>> fixed" before 7.1R out.
>>
>> 1. All subproject's QStream should be UTF-8ized, just like installer.
>> Explanation: For example: status string in portsnap GUI, there somewhere
>> goes localized messages which is screwed (for russian at least).
>>

> Sounds like a good idea to me. If you can send me a list of places where
> you see the messed up UTF-8 stuff, I'll get them fixed in SVN here.

Kris, can be this done in all cpp which we currently have?
something like find all *.cpp  which contains "QStream" ?

>> 2. All translations should be filled as much as possible, we should make
>> some "urge" email about this :) I could handle Russian and Ukrainian
>> languages.
>> Many strings are just empty when configuring ethernet/wifi - that's not
>> so cool :(
>>

> I agree, but thats really out of our control, its up to the translators
> to determine which ones will be finished :)

Could we make an emailing to all registered at pcbsd pootle?
At least to users  who are registered with language, which translations
not finished.
I'm understand it's fully volunteer, but at least we could encourage them :)

I've forgot #4 - PBI which installs during installation must have
desktop icons and KDE menu, is this fixed too?