[PC-BSD Testing] Proposition

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Mar 18 07:00:34 PST 2009

A.Yerenkow wrote:
> Kris, and all others, I make a proposition for few things "had to be
> fixed" before 7.1R out.
>
> 1. All subproject's QStream should be UTF-8ized, just like installer.
> Explanation: For example: status string in portsnap GUI, there somewhere
> goes localized messages which is screwed (for russian at least).

Sounds like a good idea to me. If you can send me a list of places where
you see the messed up UTF-8 stuff, I'll get them fixed in SVN here.

> 2. All translations should be filled as much as possible, we should make
> some "urge" email about this :) I could handle Russian and Ukrainian
> languages.
> Many strings are just empty when configuring ethernet/wifi - that's not
> so cool :(

I agree, but thats really out of our control, its up to the translators
to determine which ones will be finished :)

> 3. Fixed nvidia issues (couldn't check that, I've fully switched to ATI AMD)

Already fixed, i'm looking at a BETA2 right now, and the nvidia fixes
will be included for sure.