[PC-BSD Testing] Error message while booting

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Tue Mar 10 11:10:02 PST 2009

Kris, I am getting a strange error message when booting. I have
checked dmesg and it is happening after that log stops recording. It
says "The following disk sectors can not be read" and then lists four
or five sectors. These sectors are near the end of a 400GB drive and
have no data on them. I don't know if you are familiar with a program
called Spinrite, but running it on the section of the drive containing
these sectors comes up with no problems on the disk. If Spinrite says
the sectors are good then I would bet the farm that they are good.

The system does boot just fine and I had noticed the message earlier
but did not have time to check it out.

Computers can be fun again
                 format C:\
   Alternatives are out there