[PC-BSD Testing] Just sharing a thought I had the other day

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Mon Mar 9 09:01:24 PST 2009

Kris,

Just got finished installing the 7.1 beta and am about to kick the tires soon.

Anyway, the other night I was at a restaurant and a thought came to
my head regarding that recent issue someone had with the Firefox
3.0.6 update being borked. How hard would it be to add a feature to
the OS that basically asked you if you wanted to backup / save the
current app (let's say Firefox 3.0.5) as you're about to update to a
new version so that in the rare instance the updated app is fubar,
there's some kind of quick-revert option? I know that going to
add/remove programs, removing the offending app, and then downloading
or re-installing the previous version off the CD/DVD is what most
normal people would do but I thought it might been a neat-o thing to
be able to do it but in sort of a one-step-undo kind of way. I dunno,
just thinking out loud.

Arthur